Bank of Tanzania.
Date Listed: 21/10/2011
Area: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 03/11/2011
Reports to: Head of Division.
Location: Head Office – Financial Sector Stability Department
• To carry out research, monitor and analyse the performance of the financial system and developments in the banking, insurance, securities and pension sub-sectors with a view to assessing their impact on financial stability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining and updating the department’s database;
• Monitoring and analyzing the performance of the banking, insurance, securities and pension subsectors with a view to assessing their impact on financial stability and recommending remedial measures;
• Conducting banking sector stress testing;
• Assist in liaison arrangements with other directorates in the Bank and with other financial regulators;
• Monitoring and conducting periodic assessment of inter-linkages among financial sub-sectors at national and regional levels in order to assess their implications on systemic risks;
• Monitoring the crisis preparedness arrangements in the banking, insurance, securities and pension subsectors through their respective regulators;
• Reviewing the work of international standard-setting organizations for financial stability with a view to identifying those with implications to the domestic financial system;
• h) Undertaking periodic surveys on risks perceptions and direction in the banking, insurance, securities and pension subsectors;
• Conducting research on issues that support the Bank’s financial stability mandate of the Bank;
• Monitoring financial regulatory developments in the country and in the East
• African Community region in order to assess their implications on financial stability;
• Preparing regular reviews on financial soundness and proposing necessary remedial measures;
• Providing inputs on briefing materials for the Bank’s publications such as
• Financial Stability Reports, Management and Board Reports and for its representatives to the Tanzania Financial Regulators Forum and regional meetings;
• Performing other related duties as may be assigned by the head of division.
• Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related fields.
• Ability to analyze financial issues.
• Computer literacy.
• Good team player.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Interested applicants must submit CV, certified copies of academic/professional certificates, birth certificates and other relevant certificates, two current passport size photographs and names and addresses of two reputable referees by post to
Deputy Governor (AIC)
Bank of Tanzania
P. O. Box 2939
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania