Date Listed: 03/10/2011
Area: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 17/10/2011
Technoserve, Inc. is an international nonprofit development organization founded in 1968. Its mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women in poor rural areas of the developing world to build businesses that create jobs, income and economic opportunity for their families, their communities and their countries. TechnoServe implements agricultural value chain and SME development programs in 19 countries in Africa and Latin America using a market-driven, business-oriented approach. For more information on TechnoServe, please visit www.technoserve.org.
Primary Purpose: To prepare, develop and analyze management accounting information for internal and external stakeholders; and to oversee responsible utilization of TechnoServe and donor resources.
· Implement grant tracking/monitoring system, monitoring grant expenditures in order to identify any irregularities.
· Manage payroll and expense reimbursements for local staff
· Ensure grant compliance
· Produce periodic management reports for Senior Staff
· Prepare Cash flow statements and expenditure accounts
· Monitor cash flow and work closely with TechnoServe HQ to manage shortfalls/surpluses
· Work with the Country Director to prepare project, annual and multi-year budgets
· Analyze variances and explore potential problems with project budget, working closely with staff to forecast and address any variances
· Responsible for all financial planning, forecasting, budgeting management and reporting for TechnoServe Tanzania
· Prepare financial reports on monthly basis for internal use and for external reports to donors
· Prepare periodic budgetary control statements to determine project financial performance and suggest corrective action, if required
· Process checks and code expenditure (travel advances, imprest and purchase requisition)
· Participate in internal and external audits by providing auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanations for audit queries
· Manage annual HR audit to ensure compliance with Tanzanian labor law
· Manage compliance with Tanzanian tax law
· CPA required; MBA prefered
· Minimum of 8 years experience with at least 3 years in a senior position
· Good leadership and strategic orientation skills
· Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; familiarity with Serenic Navigator, or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
· Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
· Ability to mentor and coach the Finance team
· Excellent analytical and management skills
· Knowledge of key donor reporting requirements (USAID, World Bank) an advantage
· Experience and understanding of not-to-profit accounts
· Valid driving license
Reporting to: Country Director
Technoserve offers a remuneration package competitive with private-sector salaries for similar positions.
APPLY (by email only) to the Recruitment Coordinator at email@example.com with the position title place in the subject line. Please include (1) cover letter describing your interest, (2) curriculum vitae.
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer.