Date Listed: 26/09/2011
Area: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 21/10/2011
Purpose of the role
The role needs to build alignment across a range of Distributor partners and with a wide range of stakeholders, leading significant change through the distributor networks as well as the wider organisation. The incumbent will need to successfully manage the diversity in sophistication, capability and business structure in a dynamic trade environment, with evolving trade structures.
Route to Consumer – ensuring Serengeti Breweries have the optimal route to market appropriate to their strategic commercial goals
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· A strong and broad, 8 to 10 years track record in Sales and/or General Management at a leadership level. Marketing experience is also very valuable. Particularly important is previous P&L accountability and significant Distributor Management experience.
· Financially literate, understands and interprets financial data effectively.
· There is a requirement to be data analytical and have strong knowledge of Customer Marketing, Category Development and management of third party distributors
· Depth of knowledge and the ability to coach others in the Diageo Way of Selling capabilities and tools. Particular depth is required in Distributor Management, JUBP, Targeted Trade Investment and Customer & Channel Profitability.
· These roles lead Distribution Managers and indirectly lead cross functional teams and need to be able to work with our distributor partners to inspire their sales force. Therefore previous experience of leading managers and getting results through diverse teams as well as a track record of talent development, capability development and as an expert coach is important.
· A broad commercial understanding and a track record of developing strong partnerships with distributors is particularly critical. Previous experience of strategy development, change management and complex stakeholder management (both internal and external) is important.
· These roles lead a broad cross functional agenda with our distributors including sales, marketing, finance, HR, corporate relations and supply chain. Therefore previous experience of working with or within other functions at a leadership level is critical.
· Determination to make things happen in a complex environment, change management experience and proven ability to create consistency and efficiency across multiple businesses are key, as well as strong results and solutions orientation.
· Supported by a business orientated professional or academic qualification (not mandatory)
Transforming the Distributor Management capability of our in market teams and improve the capability of our Distributor partners
The incumbent will be instrumental in causing the transformation across our customers, our sales teams, and the wider organisation in the region. Key stakeholders will include:
· Sales Leadership teams in market
· Key support functions to enable the change (Finance, Marketing, HR, Comms, etc) Distributors partners
TANZANIAN NATIONALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Step by Step Application Guide for positions in Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) Tanzania
1. Log on to www.diageo-careers.com
2. Click on ‘Search & Apply’
3. Enter your ‘Email address’ and ‘Password’ to open your profile (else, create a profile if you do not have one yet)
4. Click on ‘Search Openings’
5. In the Search Openings page, select the country 'Tanzania' and click on 'Search' to view all current openings
6. Click on ‘View Job(s)’ to read the job profile
7. Click on ‘Submit to job(s)’ and submit your CV following the guided steps.