Bank of Tanzania.
Date Listed: 21/10/2011
Area: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31/10/2011
Reports to: Head of Division.
Location: Head Office – Financial Sector Stability Department
• To carry out research, monitor and analyse developments in the global and domestic
• Macroeconomic environment, financial markets and financial infrastructure with a view to assessing their impact on financial stability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintaining and updating the department’s database;
• Formulating macro-economic scenarios for use in regular stress testing of the banking sector;
• Assist in liaison arrangements with other directorates in the Bank and with other financial regulators;
• Monitoring developments in the global and domestic macroeconomic environment;
• Monitoring developments in the domestic financial markets (money markets, foreign exchange markets and capital markets) with a view to assessing their impact on financial stability;
• Monitoring the performance of the corporate and household sectors with a view to assessing their implications on financial stability;
• Monitoring progress in financial integration in the East African Community and its implications to financial stability;
• Monitoring regulatory and financial infrastructure developments;
• Conducting research and analysis of issues that support the Bank’s financial stability objectives;
• Providing inputs on briefing materials for the Bank’s publications such as
• Financial Stability Report, Management and Board Reports and for its representatives to the Tanzania Financial Regulators Forum and regional meetings;
• Performing other related duties as may be assigned by the head of division.
• Master’s degree in economics.
• Computer literacy.
• Good team player.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in conducting economic research is an added advantage.
Interested applicants must submit CV, certified copies of academic/professional certificates, birth certificates and other relevant certificates, two current passport size photographs and names and addresses of two reputable referees by post to
Deputy Governor (AIC)
Bank of Tanzania
P. O. Box 2939
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania